Amazing Delay Effects
The Walrus Audio ARP-87 features 4 incredible delay algorithms to choose from, each offering different sounds suitable for a range of playing styles. The digital delay offers pristine, clear repeats perfect for rhythm sections, while the analogue delay adds extra warmth and dimension to chords and lead licks. Switching into lo-fi mode offers a delay which can morph from a warm, warped, murky sound, to strait AM radio, while slap mode delivers a classic slapback delay.
Along with its incredible range of delays, this pedal also features a selection of controllable parameters to allow players to find the perfect sound for any situation. While the level control adjusts the volume of the pedal’s repeats, the dampen control adjusts the overall tone of each repeat, letting players brighten or darken the repeats to suit their musical style. The pedal also features a ration control, which sets the tempo multiplier for the tap tempo, or adjusts the delay time when in slap mode. The X control’s function also changes depending on the algorithm selected, offering control over the modulation depth for the digital, analogue, and slap modes, while the control adjusts the filter width in lo-fi mode.
The ARP-87 is also equipped with momentary functions on the bypass and tap footswitches, expanding the pedal's capabilities and providing players with extra tonal options. When the bypass switch is off, press and hold it down to temporarily active the pedal’s effect to add a moment of delay texture. Holding the bypass switch down when it’s turned on will momentarily ramp up the X parameter to maximum, adding a short burst of depth or width to your tone. Holding down the tap switch will temporarily ramp up the number of repeats to max, letting you deliver infinite repeats in short bursts.
The Multi-Function Delay also features the option to switch between trails and no trails by holding down the bypass switch for 1 second while applying power. When set into trials mode, the ARP-87’s delays die off naturally when the pedal is turned off, while no trails mode abruptly cuts the delays instead.
- Original artwork by Chris Castro of a lone ship travelling through the ARP-87 Galaxies
- Offers selection of power delays
- Momentary footswitches
- Switch between trails mode and no trails mode
- Input for adding external tap switch or master clock
- Rugged design protects internal components
- Top mounted jacks for maximising space on your pedalboard
- Controls: Level, Dampen, Repeats, Ratio, X, Program
- Programs: Digital, Analogue, Lo-Fi, Slapback
- Switches: Bypass, Tap
- Ins/Outs: 1/4'' Jack
- Enclosure: Die-Cast
- Finish: Frosted Charcoal w/Cream & Seafoam Ink
- Power Requirements: 9VDC 100mA Minimum (Not Included)*
- Dimensions: 4.77" x 2.6" x 1.39"