TASCAM’s US-4X4 combines great audio quality and ergonomic design for a powerful 4-in/4-out USB 2 audio interface.
Four of TASCAM’s Ultra-HDDA mic/line preamps provide up to 57dB of gain with nearly inaudible noise and distortion specs. The audio design features high-performance, musical components like NE5532 op amps for rich sound quality without coloring the source.
The US-4X4 includes class-compliant drivers for plug-and-play operation on Mac OSX and iOS devices like the iPad, and a simple driver adds ASIO compatibility for Windows. MIDI in and out are also included for connecting synths, drum machines, and controllers. The interface includes two DAW applications to choose from – both Cakewalk SONAR X3 LE and Abelton Live Lite 9.
With solid audio specs, iOS compatibility, and an easy-to-read angled design, the US-4x4 is the ultimate 4-channel interface for home, project, and mobile studios.
The main features of the US-4X4 include:
- Ultra-High-quality microphone preamp HDDA with extremely low input noise (EIN: -125 dBu)
- Operational amplifier type NE5532 in the audio inputs and outputs
- Recording with up to 96 kHz sampling rate at 24 bit resolution
- Supports Mac and Windows operating systems
- Audio transmission to and from a computer that is connected via USB 2.0 with the interface (4 Inputs, 4 outputs)
- Four analog, balanced mic / line inputs (XLR / jack) with switchable phantom power
- Inputs 1 and 2 can be switched between line and instrument level
- Suitable Wide input gain range of 57 dB, even for dynamic microphones
- Zero-latency monitoring (direct monitor)
- Four balanced analog outputs (TRS)
- Two headphone outputs with 45 mW output power per channel
- Separate level controls for line and headphone output
- MIDI input / output
- Source of the output signal can be selected via the Settings panel
- Monitor input selectable between mono and stereo listening
- Included AC adapter included
- USB Audio 2.0 Compliance to connect to iOS devices
- Stand-alone operation for samples
- Sonar X3 LE and Ableton Live Lite 9 included
- Compatible with popular DAW software (Sonar, Pro Tools, Cubase, Live)
- Robust aluminum housing
- Housing design allows installation with beveled easier accessibility