The Tascam DR-10X Plug-on Micro Linear PCM Recorder for XLR Microphones is a compact, competitively priced PCM recorder that attaches to any dynamic or battery powered microphone with XLR output – ideal for interviews and field recording.
Tascam’s compact DR-10X attaches to a handheld microphone for the ultimate compact news gathering recording system. A captive XLR connector attaches firmly to your microphone, capturing interviews at 48kHz/24-bit Broadcast WAV resolution. Offload recordings through the microUSB connection or by removing the microSD card.
The DR-10X has both manual and automatic gain settings, with a low cut filter and limiter to prevent overloads. The Dual Recording mode captures a copy of the audio at a lower level, so if there is distortion you have a backup safety. Recording can begin instantly by holding the record side switch while turning the unit on. For simple-to-use ENG recording that stays out of the way, TASCAM’s DR-10X leads the field.
The main features of the Tascam DR-10X Plug-on Micro Linear PCM Recorder for XLR Microphones include:
- Compact, light weight audio recorder, mounted directly to a microphone via XLR
- Mono recordings with 48 kHz sampling rate and resolution of 24Bit
- Uses a microSD/microSDHC card as recording medium (up to 32GB)
- Automatic Level Control (Auto Gain Control)
- Switchable low-cut filter, to suppress undesirable low-frequencies
- Headphone connection
- Micro-USB connection