The DP-03 is the latest Portastudio in TASCAM’s 37-year progression of making recording simple and affordable for musicians. The 8-track digital recorder captures your music at CD quality to affordable SD/SDHC cards, and a 2GB card is included with the recorder. With built-in microphones, effects, mastering and CD burning, the DP-03 provides everything musicians need to record and share their music.
A pair of stereo condenser microphones is built into the front panel of the DP-03, helpful for capturing a rehearsal, live performance or songwriting ideas. Also included are a pair of high-quality XLR microphone preamps with phantom power for condenser microphones. 1/4” line inputs are also available, and an instrument-level switch allows you to record a guitar or bass without a direct box. A three-button footswitch, the RC-3F, is available for control and punch in.
Routing the inputs to one of the eight tracks is simple, and you can record two at a time until you fill up all eight. A tuner and metronome are built-in for tight-sounding tracks, each with its own dedicated button for quick access. Track can be edited with commands like copy/paste, silence, clone track and undo. Bouncing is also available, even bouncing all eight tracks down to one or two. There’s even the option to import a recording through USB or audio CD.
Each track has its own send to a stereo reverb processor as well as two-band shelving EQ. Once you’ve perfected your mix with the 45mm faders, pan knobs, reverb and EQ, record it to the dedicated stereo master track. Your mix can be processed with mastering effects like EQ and limiting for a tight, modern sound. When you’re satisfied, transfer your mix to a computer over USB 2.0 or burn an audio CD.
The main features of the DP-03 include:
- 8-track digital Portastudio
- Recording/playback at 44.1 kHz, 16 bit using SD/SDHC memory card
- Simultaneous recording of two tracks
- Simultaneous playback of eight tracks
- Dedicated stereo mixdown track
- Built-in stereo condenser microphone
- Two XLR mic inputs with phantom power
- Two TRS line inputs, one switchable to guitar (hi-Z)
- RCA line output
- Headphones output with level control
- Two-band shelving EQ per track and on both inputs
- On-board Reverb processor to polish your mixes
- On-board mastering effects
- Auto punch in/out
- Track bounce feature
- Workstation-style editing with copy, move, open, cut etc.
- Multi-level undo/redo history
- Location marks
- Built-in tuner and metronome
- Nine 45-mm faders
- Foot switch with three switches and assignable functions available as an option (RC-3F)