Featuring a custom, handcrafted 1" gold-sputtered diaphragm, the sE Electronics sE2200 condenser microphone features a fixed cardioid polar pattern. When you close-mic with your sE2200, the cardioid pattern does a great job of capturing what's in front of it while rejecting bleed from adjacent sources and ambient sound from the rest of the room. This is especially desirable for onstage use, where sound pressure levels can be quite high.
When it comes to capturing dynamic content, not all studio-style condenser mics are created equal. In fact, the same mic that sounds great on your amp stack may be a bit too noisy to use on an acoustic guitar, and your favorite vocal mic may not be able to handle the SPLs typically encountered by drum overheads. Not so with the sE Electronics sE2200 condenser microphone. That's because the sE2200 is able to withstand up to 145dB (with the 20dB pad engaged), while maintaining a super-low noise floor. It's just what you need to capture highly dynamic sounds.
Talk about a studio workhorse mic! The sE Electronics sE2200 was built to handle just about any sound you can imagine. Not only is it naturally able to keep up with extremely dynamic sound sources, such as vocals and brass instruments, but it gives you both an 80/160Hz highpass filter and a 10/20dB pre-attenuation pad to further shape its response. Whether you need to cut out low-end rumble or back off the gain to capture a screaming amp stack, the sE Electronics sE2200 gives you the sonic flexibility you need.
- An amazing value in a large-diaphragm condenser microphone
- Ideal for everything from vocals to drum overheads to guitar amps
- Handcrafted 1" gold-sputtered condenser capsule provides smooth and consistent cardioid polar pattern
- 80/160Hz highpass filter and 10/20dB pad for advanced onboard sound-shaping options
- Extremely low noise and high SPL handling provides you with an extended dynamic range
- Max SPL (0.5% THD): 125/135/145dB (0/10/20dB attenuation pad)
- Shockmount included
- Requires +48V phantom power