Audiophile-grade digital converters, low-jitter clocking, and Presonus' famous XMAX preamps add up to a superior recording and listening experience. The Studio 68 operates at up to 192 kHz for ultra-high-definition mixing and recording. High-quality converters on every input and output provide 115 dB of dynamic range to capture complex musical harmonics smoothly and naturally with no audible distortion. XMAX Class A microphone preamps deliver incredibly high headroom, deep lows, smooth highs, and a rich overall sound so you’ll hear every breath, transient, and detail in your recordings, making it ideal for both vocal production and sampling.
Fits into your studio and your gigs.
The Studio 68 is a great choice for small studios and has all the right stuff for teaching music, too! A Cue Mix A/B function lets you toggle between two mixes while monitoring through headphones—perfect for both DJ-ing live and listening in on a performer’s monitor mix. Six LED meters indicate input and output levels.
World-class recording software included.
Seamlessly integrated with the included PreSonus Studio One® Artist DAW, the Studio 68 interface works with virtually all Mac and Windows audio-recording software. Built by creative people for creative music production, Studio One is easy to learn and enables you to compose, record, and produce your masterpiece without getting distracted by the tools. Studio One also enjoys a robust online community of enthusiastic and helpful users you can turn to for advice. Need a new loop or sample for your latest production? Studio One lets you shop, audition, and purchase new content right from your production environment.
Take the Tour.
The Studio 68 features two front-panel combo mic and switchable line/instrument inputs and two mic/line inputs with +48V phantom power for condenser mics. In addition to L/R main outputs with front-panel level controls, you get two balanced line outputs for monitor mixing or speaker switching plus stereo S/PDIF digital I/O. MIDI I/O enables connection to a keyboard, sound module, or control surface, as well, making the Studio 68 a true central hub for your studio.
Designed for the studio. Built for the road.
Whether you need a high-quality interface for DJ-ing, are a veteran producer, or both, the Studio 68 will give you the ultra-high-def sound and versatile connectivity you need to make state-of-the-art recordings and perform them live. The perfect companion for any recording software, the Studio 68 comes equipped with Studio One Artist to provide you with a complete, affordable, mobile recording solution.
- Simultaneous I/O up to 6 inputs/6 outputs (4x4 at 192 kHz)
- 2 mic/instrument/line inputs with XMAX Class A mic preamps 2 mic/line inputs with XMAX Class A mic preamps
- 2 balanced ¼” TRS main outputs
- 2 balanced ¼” TRS line outputs for monitor mixing or speaker switching
- 1 stereo headphone output
- MIDI In/Out
- Stereo S/PDIF digital I/O
Meters, Controls, and Features
- Direct monitoring
- Cue mix A/B (for headphone output)
- Front-panel level controls for main outputs
- True +48V phantom power for condenser microphones (global)
- 6 ladder-style LED level meters (4 input, 2 main output)
- USB 2.0
- 24-bit resolution
- 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96, 176.4 and 192 kHz sampling rates
- Studio One® Artist included
- Road-rugged construction with all-metal chassis and metal knobs
Computer system requirements
- Mac® OS X 10.8.5 64-bit or later
- Intel® i-series 2 GHz multicore processor (or AMD equivalent) or faster
- 4 GB RAM (8 GB or more recommended)
- Windows® 7 x64/x86 SP1 + platform update, Windows 8.1 x64/x86, Windows 10 x64/x86
- Intel i-series 2 GHz multicore processor (or AMD equivalent) or faster
- 4 GB RAM (8 GB or more recommended)
Mac and Windows Systems
- USB 2.0 port
- 32 GB hard disk space
- PreSonus Universal Control 2.0 or higher
- Monitor with 1366x768 resolution (high-dpi monitor recommended)
- Multitouch-enabled monitor required for touch operation