(KRK 10/12Sho Studio Bundle)
KRK ROKIT 10-3 G3 Overview
KRK's ROKIT 10-3 G3 (Generation 3) powered studio monitor offers professional performance and accuracy for recording, mixing, mastering and playback. The system consists of a 1” soft dome tweeter, a 4” midrange driver and 10” glass-Aramid composite woofer. It delivers high frequencies up to 30kHz, vocal clarity and extended bass response. The proprietary tri-amped, class A/B amplifier grants SPL up to 110dB. The ROKIT waveguide is designed to ensure detailed imaging in the listening position. The front-firing bass port reduces boundary coupling, the rotatable midrange module allows flexible positioning in the room while the engineered surface reduces diffraction distortion. Multiple input connections ensure the ROKIT 10-3 G3 will easily integrate in any system configuration. Features updated voicing for more punch and control, and overall a more balanced sound.
The largest Monitor of the ROKIT Family, the KRK ROKIT 10-3 G3 will deliver every detail of performance thru its ample headroom and tight bass tuning.
KRK ROKIT 10-3 G3Features
- True 3-Way Design enabling the most important part of the frequency spectrum to be reproduced by a separate midrange driver, resulting in an incredibly neutral midrange response.
- Axis Control - The monitors can be placed and positioned vertically and horizontally, enabled by the rotatable MF/HF Baffle.
- Mid-Field - The Rokit Powered 10-3 is a mid-field monitor, with the optimal operating distance of 1m-4m depending on preference, room size, geometry, orientation, and configuration.
- Curved Baffle virtually eliminates diffraction distortion
- Front-firing Port is shape optimized to reduce turbulence and reduce boundary coupling.
- Tweeter Waveguide design provides amazing detail and imaging by optimizing directivity and phase response.
- 1" Neodymium Soft Dome Tweeter This tweeter design utilizes a silk dome for detailed high frequency reproduction.
- Ferro fluid Damping / Cooling The properties of ferro-fluid are used to control distortion and heat dissipation of the tweeter.
- Glass Aramid Composite creates very rigid Woofer and Midrange cones for excellent transient response and accurate vocal reproduction.
- KRK High Efficiency Tri-Amp a triple amplification system provides discrete low-distortion power for each driver. While our active three-way crossover systems provide smooth and accurate frequency response.
- Thermal and Overload / Clip Protection are integral to the design enhancing the safety and ensuring long life of the product..
- Volume Control on rear of unit allows a high resolution gain range from -30 dB to +6 dB.
- Total Connectivity - The Rokit Powered 10-3 is fitted with dedicated balanced XLR, and 1/4" Line inputs and unbalanced RCA inputs.
KRK 12sHO Overview
The KRK12sHO powered subwoofer is the perfect High Output choice for professional studios, where ultra-accurate bass extension and maximum sound levels are required. Powered by a massive 400 watt amplifier and a strengthened version of our signature Kevlar woofer, the KRK12sHO is the no-compromise way to hear what is happening in the depths of your mix. Subwoofers allow you to use smaller main monitors, make it possible to monitor the essential low frequency range and can be a great solution for space-challenged control rooms or mixing environments.
While subsonic frequencies are heavily implemented in some musical genres, all studios benefit from the use of a sub to monitor this low frequency content. With the prevalent use of home theater systems, as well as commercial systems in clubs and cinemas - production studios require the capability to identify and correct problems such as unwanted low frequency components, exterior noise, microphone rumble and vibrations. The increase of home and project mastering means many potentially great pieces of music are being poorly represented when played back on a larger system. When dealing with subsonic frequencies if they cannot be heard accurately they cannot be mixed accurately.
Having an incredibly capable subwoofer is critical when it is combined with powerful near-field monitors, such as the Exposé or a VXT8 driven to high sound pressure levels. In a stereo configuration the subwoofer will have to produce the bass that would normally be generated by the monitors -- that alone can exceed the headroom of an ordinary sub. In a surround sound configuration the subwoofer has to reproduce all of the low-frequency information from five or more channels as well as the demanding bass content of the LFE channel. These challenging applications can place demands far exceeding the capabilities of normal low frequency drivers and power amplifiers. This is where the performance of the KRK12sHO shines.
KRK 12sHO Technical Specifications
- Configuration:Front loaded, vented subwoofer
- System type:Active Subwoofer
- Low-Frequency:12" woven Kevlar High Performance woofer
- 29.2Hz - 60Hz - 160Hz (L/R inputs), 29.1Hz - 211Hz (LFE input)
- Max Peak SPL:123 dB
- Amplifier Class:Class A-B
- Power Output:400 Watts Continuous @ 1% THD+N @ 100Hz
- SNR (signal to Noise Ratio):92dB
- Amplifier Distortion (THD+N):≤ 0.1% @-3dB of Max Power Output 20Hz - 200Hz
- Input Impedance (Ohms):10 kΩ Balanced or unbalanced
- Ground Lift:On / Off
- Low Pass Frequency:60Hz to 160Hz
- HPF bypass:with footswitch only
- Phase:Rotatable Phase + Polarity Switch
- System Volume:-30dB to +6dB
- Indicators:Power, protection, limiter
- Balanced XLR for Left and Right Inputs
- LFE input:Balanced XLR
- Stereo Balanced XLR for left and right.
- AC Power Input:Selectable 110V-120V / 220V-240V
- Enclosure Construction:18mm and 36mm reinforced MDF
- Finish:Textured Paint
- Port Configuration:Front Firing Quad Concentric Slot Ports
- Finish:Textured Paint
- Dimensions (H x W x D):20" (508 mm) x 20" (508 mm) x 22.48" (571mm)
- Weight:109.7 Lbs. (49.7 Kg.)
Accessories Shipped with Product
- Footswitch for bypass operation, with remote indication of bypass (clip and limit TBD)
- Cable for footswitch (5m)
- Feet - Rubber and Spikes
- User Guide / Warranty