Gibson Memory Cable Overview
The Gibson Memory Cable is a studio quality recorder/preamp for the price of a high quality cable. The super compact recorder is designed by TASCAM who are one of the industry leaders in the portable recording market. Gibson Memory Cable saves up to 13 hours of your guitar playing onto Micro SD cards which are inexpensive to replace these days. It records with CD quality (44.1kHz/16-bit resolution) which ideal for transferring your recordings over to a PC or MAC for further editing within recording software.
- Stores over 13 hours of audio with 4GB MicroSD card (included)
- Continuous or auto recording (records only when you're playing)
- Handles guitar, bass, drum machine, synthesizer, etc. and line-level signals
- Uncompressed recording-CD-quality 44.1kHz/16 bit fidelity
- Mac/Windows/iOS/Android compatible WAV file format
- Ultra-simple user interface, with included reference card
- Insulated ends minimize the chance of shocks
- Transfer files directly from MicroSD card to computer using a card reader, or even insert the MicroSD in a compatible smart phone and access the phone via USB
- Recording technology from TASCAM, the undisputed leader in hand-held portable recorders
- Uses AA main battery (standard or rechargeable, approximate 8 hour battery life) and LR44 battery for Real Time Clock functions (approximate 1 year battery life)
- Premium quality, low-capacitance cable
- Competitive pricing with non-recording premium cables
- SONGWRITING - Memory Cable™ doesn't have to be plugged into an amp-just plug into a guitar, bass, or keyboard, and start recording.
- IT'S A CABLE - Memory Cable uses premium cable for pristine sound, and doesn't even need power to work as a conventional cable.
- RECORD REHEARSALS - Plug into the output of your PA mixer to record your rehearsals.
- COMPUTER RECORDING "INSURANCE." - Patch your guitar to a computer's audio interface through the Memory Cable™-if you forget to record-enable a track, think an earlier take was better, or the computer crashes, your performance will still be safely tucked away in the Memory Cable™.
- PRACTICING - Record your playing for later analysis.
- EASY "RE-AMPING."- Compared to standard re-amping solutions that often involve multiple cables, boxes, and signal splitting, the Memory Cable approach is simple and effective.