The Focusrite Scarlett 6i6 USB Audio Interface is a new addition to the critically acclaimed Scarlett range, offering six inputs and six outputs.
The Focusrite Scarlett 6i6 features two XLR/jack combo drives with the same great quality, award-winning preamps as the rest of the Scarlett range. Each preamp has Phantom Power and dedicated Gain controls. The rear of the unit features MIDI and S/PDIF inputs, as well as Line Outputs for connecting to monitors, with a Monitor Level control on the front panel.
The Scarlett 6i6 has USB 2.0 connectivity and can be plugged into a PC, Mac or even an iPad with the Apple Camera Connection Kit (not included). What is included, however, is the Scarlett plug-in suite, adding Focusrite compression, reverb, gating and EQ effects.
Additionally, the Scarlett 6i6 comes with Focusrite’s Xcite+ bundle with Ableton Live Lite (for production, performance and composition), Novation’s Bass Station soft synth and over 1GB of royalty-free samples from Loopmasters.
The main features of the Focusrite Scarlett 6i6 audio interface:
- Two high-quality award-winning Focusrite preamps
- Total I/O count of 6 inputs and 6 outputs
- High-quality 24-bit/96kHz USB interface
- Pro conversion and jitter elimination technology
- Scarlett MixControl ultra-low-latency DSP mixer/router provides an 18 x 6 DSP mixer with excellent routing flexibility
- Lower than 1.4ms latency
- Scarlett VST/AU/RTAS Plug-in Suite: Scarlett compression, reverb, gating and EQ
- Xcite+ Software Bundle includes royalty-free loops and samples, Novation Bass-station soft-synth, Ableton Live Lite 8
- Two Hi-Z instrument inputs
- Dedicated front-panel headphone bus
- Switchable phantom power
- Software PFL allows the mix engineer to easily monitor a single mixer channel or complete mix
- Compatibility: MAC OS X 10.6.5 Snow Leopard, Windows 7 (All versions), Windows Vista (32bit only), or Windows XP SP3 (32bit only)