This bundle includes the Focusrite 2i2 Audio Interface & Ableton Live 10 Standard
The Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 is a USB audio interface designed for the mobile musician.
The Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 is fitted with award-winning technology, built around the popular Scarlett 8i6. The result is a more portable and affordable audio interface for home and project studios.
The Scarlett 2i2 from Focusrite is a 2 In / 2 Out Interface fitted with highly regarded Focusrite preamps providing low distortion and routing high quality audio to and from your MAC or PC.
The Scarlett 2i2 has a striking contemporary look, with a tough red anodized aluminium housing. Powered by USB the 2i2 USB interface makes it easy and simple to setup. Similar to the Scarlett 8i6 the 2i2 controls have been simplified, with colourful LED rings around the Gain controls to indicate input (green) and overload (red).
The Scarlett 2i2 makes it easy to connect microphones, musical instruments or line level audio signals to you computer running Mac OS or Windows. Included with the Scarlett 2i2 is the Scarlett Plug-in Suite. Inspired by the famous Focusrite Red range and the classic ISA console modules, these tailored plug-ins provide Compression, Gating , EQ, and Reverb for tracking and mixing.
Also included is the Ableton Live Lite DAW music software so can start making and recording music straight away. The Focusrite Scarlett interface is perfect for budding/first time producers and musicians who want studio-grade quality at an affordable price.
Ableton Live 9 is a powerful DAW and music sequencer for MAC and PC with innovative real-time features and incredible editing capabilities.
This bundle includes Ableton Live 8, but comes with a free upgrade to Live 9.
Ableton Live is one of the stalwarts of music production software, and version 9 brings with it many new features and workflow enhancements. New features include Session View clip automation, a new comprehensive browser to find sounds faster, lots of new sounds with preset macro controls, and better effects including the new Glue compressor and EQ Eight. Significantly, a new pitch-to-MIDI engine also allows the extraction of MIDI data from harmonic, rhythmic and drum parts.
Ableton Live 10 contains a range of new features and enhancements designed to improve workflow and boost your creative ideas. Explore the range of new sounds, loops and samples, ready to use and incorporate into your productions. The new Drum Buss is a one-stop workstation for your drums. Add warmth and distortion with ease, shaping transients, compression, and your low end with the dedicated controls. Live 10 remembers your ideas, so when you're jamming and you forget to press record, Ableton 10 has you covered. Use Capture after you've played an idea, and Live will match your tempo and timing to create a perfect loop, perfect for those spontaneous moments. Ableton Live 10 also offers a range of workflow enhancements including an improved browser, ability to create groups within groups, optimised Arrangement view for quick editing, multiple MIDI clip editing, and a cleaner and clearer interface, complete with a collection of new, ready-to-go sounds.
The main features of the Scarlett 2i2 include:
- Inputs 1 & 2: Neutrik Combo input sockets - Connect microphones, instruments (e.g., guitar) or line level signals via XLR or 1/4" (6.35 mm) jacks as appropriate
- Gain 01 and Gain 02: Adjust the input gain for input signals on inputs 1 and 2 respectively. The gain controls have concentric bi-colour LED ‘rings’ to confirm signal level: green indicates an input level of at least -24 dBFS (i.e., ‘signal present’), the ring then turns red when signal level reaches 0 dBFS
- 48V phantom power switch for mic inputs: Enables +48 V phantom power at the XLR contacts of both Combo connectors
- LINE/INST: Line / Instrument level switches for each input – switches gain to suit instrument or line level signals
- MONITOR: Main monitor output level control - sets the output level at the main (rear panel) outputs 1 & 2
- USB LED: Illuminates when the unit receives USB bus power and is recognised by the host computer
- Headphone level: Adjusts the output level at the front panel stereo headphone output
- Headphone socket: 1/4" TRS output jack - connect your stereo headphones here
- Kensington security lock: Secure your Scarlett 2i2 to a suitable structure if desired
- USB 2.0 port: Type B connector; connect to your computer with cable supplied
- Line outputs: 2 x 1/4" (6.35 mm) TRS jack sockets; +4 dBu output level
- A-D dynamic range: 105 dB ‘A-weighted’ (all inputs). Converter chipset A-D dynamic range 114 dB
- D-A dynamic range: Range 104 dB ‘A-weighted’ (all outputs). Converter chipset D-A dynamic range 114 dB
- Supported sample rates: 44.1 kHz, 48 kHz, 88.2 kHz and 96 kHz
- THD+N: 0.002% (minimum gain, -1 dBFS input with 20 Hz - 22 kHz filter)
- Mic 1 and 2 Input impedance: 2 kOhm
- Line Input impedance: 10 kOhm
- Dimensions (WxHxD): 175 mm x 45 mm x 100 mm
- Weight: 0.5 kg
Ableton Live 10 Standard new features include:
- New Drum Buss
- Captures your audio even if you didn’t press record
- Refined look and feel
- New library of sound
- Multitrack audio recording and MIDI sequencing of software and hardware instruments
- Unique Session View for nonlinear composition, flexible performance and improvisation
- Real-time warping of audio (automatically sync music and loops, regardless of tempo)
- MIDI-mappable controls for hands-on creation onstage or in studio (plus automatic mapping for popular hardware controllers)
- Audio to MIDI conversion tools (extract harmony, melody or drums from an audio sample and convert to MIDI)
- Selection of built-in audio effects and virtual instruments taken from Suite version for sound design, mixing and mastering
- Advanced sampling and slicing tools
- VST and Audio Unit support
- Groove engine to apply swing
- Video import and export for scoring to video
- 1800+ sounds, 5 software instruments, 34 audio effects, 8 MIDI effects