Proper bass sound - without hassle
It's usually pretty difficult to get your standard electric guitar sounding like a bass. Getting that natural, deep tone often necessitates modifying your guitar, fitting specialised pickups, or using MIDI. But all of that hassle and fuss is eliminated by the Bass9. EHX have developed a new algorithm that takes the signal of your guitar, transposes it down by one or two octaves (depending on how low you want to go), and delivers a stunning bass tone that sounds natural and authentic.
A huge range of sounds to play with
You'll never be limited in the bass tones you can use in your music. The Bass9 comes loaded with nine different voices to choose from. So there's a gigantic offering of different sounds available. With voices inspired by some of the most iconic basses in history, as well as synth modes, and even a setting that lets you turn your instrument into a hybrid between bass and guitar, you have the ultimate in versatility.
Masterful FX innovation from EHX
Electro Harmonix have been doing what they do best for over 50 years now: making guitar pedals at the very top of their game. The Bass9 is yet another top-class offering. And EHX's pedigree means they know a thing or two about making a pedal usable. They've made sure to give the Bass9 a straightforward, easy-to-use interface that makes it quick and easy to find the right bass tone for you. Perfect for quickly adjusting your sound on-stage - this has been designed with the musician in mind.
- Precision - an iconic precision bass voice
- Longhorn - emulates a 6-string bass, ideal for baritone tones
- Fretless - the tone of both electric and standup fretless basses
- Synth - a classic bass synth voice
- Virtual - allows the user to adjust the bass's body density and neck length for a variety of bass sounds
- Bowed - classic bowed bass
- Split Bass - allows the guitarist to play bass on the lower strings (F#3 and below) and chords or melody with the higher strings
- 3:03 - polyphonic voice paying tribute to a vintage bass synth
- Flip-Flop - inspired by EHX's Octave Multiplexer, this provides a '70s-style logic-driven sub-octave generator that tracks without glitches
Controls and I/O Jacks
- Dry Volume Knob
- Effect Volume Knob
- CTRL 1 and CTRL 2 Knobs
- Mode Knob
- Input Jack
- Dry Output Jack
- Effect Output Jack
- Bypass Footswitch and Status LED
- Model Name: Electro Harmonix Bass9 Bass Machine
- Model Code: BASS9
- Switching: Buffered Bypass
- Input Impedance: 1 mOhm
- Output Impedance (For Both Output Jacks): 500 Ohms
- Current Draw: 100mA
- Power Supply: EHX 9.6DC 200mA Power Supply (Included)
- Weight: 1.6 lbs
- Dimensions: 4.75'' x 4'' x 2.25''