The Behringer S32 Digital Stagebox is a 32-channel digital snake with remote-controllable, Midas-designed, microphone pre-amps. This unit is ideal for FOH applications and larger stage performances, perfect for sound engineers and audio professionals. The unit features 32 remote-controlled MIDAS-designed preamps and 16 analog, servo-balanced XLR returns. All these inputs are routed via a convenient Cat 5e cable, integrated by the SuperMac technology from Klark Teknik. Monitoring is provided by the precise LED meter plus 7-segment display, giving you optimal control over your levels. The AES50 networking capability provides added compatibility with digital mixers, letting you connect the snake to various mixers seamlessly. The comprehensive functionality and professional components make the S32 the ideal snake for any FOH application.
Remote Controlled Preamps
The remote controllable preamps featured in the S32 makes setting up the unit fast and seamless. One of the main problems engineers encounter when taking on larger stage performances is having to run between each bit of equipment to swap and change controls and connections. With the remote controlled preamps this will save you time and energy, giving you added versatility when it comes to controlling your S32. Incorporating the Klark Teknik SuperMAC protocol, the S32 can be connected to your digital mixers operating system, giving you added control over your preamps, wherever you're positioned. Combine this with the same Midas-designed preamps from the X32 console and you have a premium quality, diverse FOH system.
Digital Mixer Compatibility
Another unique feature of the S32 is the ability to connect the digital snake to a collection of popular digital mixers. The unit will connect to any digital mixer that has an AES50 digital Ethernet connection. This gives you added versatility over your connections and provides you with a seamless connected configuration all controllable by remote or your digital mixer. The unit is also fully rack-mountable with an all-steel, 3U durable rack-mount chassis adding flexibility to your installations and setups.
MIDAS - Premium Sound Quality
MIDAS is a company with a stellar reputation for audio mixing consoles and high quality equipment. Many of the now legendary mixing consoles have featured on many famous stages and installations. Because of this MIDAS consoles such as the Heritage H3000 quickly became the industry standard. MIDAS are renowned for their award-winning Mic Preamps which are considered by many professionals as the industry's best sounding units. With this exceptional reputation in the audio world, Behringer has incorporated MIDAS designed mic preamps into the S32 to ensure the highest quality audio reproduction in any professional audio setting.
The connectivity possibilities are massive when it comes to the S32. With its multitude of inputs and outputs plus its expanded connectivity options, the S32 is designed to deliver expansive connectivity possibilities. When used in conjunction with a complete X32 system, two S32 units can be linked together through the AES50 ports, allowing for up to 64 mic/line inputs and 32 balanced outputs. Also included are two optical ADAT ports and two AES-3 ports allowing for connectivity to your outboard devices plus MIDI I/O for lighting system and sound module control. Also featured in the S32 is a USB port for system updates via your computer.
- 32 Midas-designed, fully programmable mic preamps for audiophile sound quality
- 16 analog, servo-balanced XLR outputs
- AES50 network ports featuring Klark Teknik’s SuperMAC networking capability for low jitter and latency
- Up to 328’ (100m) networking capability via CAT5e cable (sold separately)
- Dual AES50 ports for cascading units; no merger or router required
- Dual ADAT outputs for use in splitter mode and stand-alone digital multicore applications
- Two AES-3 ports (AES/EBU), e.g. for directly connecting PA system controllers with digital inputs
- Mute-All-Inputs function for quietly patching any inputs on stage
- MIDI in / out for bi-directional communication between FOH console and on-stage MIDI devices
- USB connector for system updates via PC
- Planet Earth switching power supply for maximum flexibility (100 to 240V), noise-free audio, superior transient response, and low power consumption for energy saving
- High-quality components and rugged construction ensure long life