The Behringer S16 Digital Stagebox is a Digital Snake with 16 Remote-Controllable MIDAS preamps, 8 Outputs and AES50 Networking. This digital stagebox has been designed to deliver a multitude of inputs and outputs, combined with versatile networking capabilities and premium quality components. The 16 MIDAS-designed remote-controllable mic preamps provide high quality audio capturing and reproduction, delivering premium sound and performance. The S16 provides a myriad of functions and components all through a Cat 5 Ethernet Cable (not included). The S16 can also be fully integrated with Behringers PowerPlay personal monitoring system, adding another level of versatility. The remote controllable functionality of the S16 makes setting up fast and easy with minimal effort. The S16 has an array of quality components and functions making this the ideal Stagebox for any FOH or live application.
The S16 has been developed to be easily integrated as part of a complete X32 system. Two S16s can be used in conjunction via the built-in AES50 ports, providing up to 32 mic/line inputs and 16 balanced outputs. Also included in the S16 is 2 optical ADAT sockets for connecting channels 1 - 8 and 9 - 16 to outboard devices plus a USB Port for system updated via your computer. Also featured is a MIDI I/O for lighting system and outboard midi controllers.
This unit was designed to be used in conjunction with the X32 digital mixing console but Behringer has catered for other popular mixing boards with the AES50 networking capability. This is a vital feature when it comes to connecting outboard mixing consoles and different setups. As an example, if you require an analog board, you can join together a couple of S16s and ADA8200S to create a powerful, lightweight 16 x 16 digital snake.
P-16 Personal Monitoring System Integration
The Powerplay P-16 system is designed to provide a seamless, affordable solution to giving artists control over what they want to hear. The S16 lets you connect directly to the Powerplay P-16 unit, giving the artist their own control over their overall sound, letting you work in conjunction with the artist to achieve the perfect combination between the engineers and the artists needs. The system is fast and easy to set-up delivering user friendly functionality whilst not compromising on audio quality.
Durable And Portable
The S16's exceptional versatility only compliments the design and functionality, with an array of professional audio components all housed in a durable, lightweight steel frame. The all-steel 2U chassis is fully rack-mountable for added convenience, fitting into any studio rack with ease.
- 16 MIDAS-designed, fully programmable mic preamps for audiophile sound quality
- 8 analogue, servo-balanced XLR outputs
- AES50 network ports featuring KLARK TEKNIK’s SuperMAC networking capability for ultra-low jitter and latency
- ULTRANET connectivity for BEHRINGER's P16 personal monitoring system
- Digital audio and control connectivity for TURBOSOUND speaker systems with ULTRANET networking capability
- Dual AES50 ports for cascading additional S16, SD16 or SD8 stageboxes—no merger or router required
- Precise LED metering plus 7-segment displays for signal control on stage
- Dual ADAT outputs providing 16-channel digital output on two optical TOSLINK* connectors
- Phones output assignable to any of the inputs/outputs for on-stage monitoring
- MIDI In/Out for bi-directional communication between BEHRINGER X32 Series console and on-stage MIDI devices
- Remote operation via shielded CAT5e cable up to 330 ft / 100 m length
- USB connector for system updates via PC
- "Planet Earth" switching power supply for maximum flexibility (100 - 240 V~), noise-free audio, superior transient response plus low power consumption for energy saving
- "Built like a tank" yet compact, all-steel 2U rack-mount chassis