The Electro-Harmonix Bad Stone Phase Shifter brings back a "lost gem" from the seventies, which was eventually overshadowed by the popular Small Stone. However, now available in a smallr size, maybe the Bad Stone will regain its place as one of the best phaser pedals around! The Bad Stone was released 1975 and produced until 1981. It was designed by Bob Bednarz and it was the first phase shifter to employ feedback in the circuitry. It compasses 6 stages of phases shifting with variable feedback. One speciality of this phaser is the manual mode, which lets you dial in the phase shift manually instead of using the LFO (low frequency oscillator). This enables a whole new dimension of sounds achievable, although no sweeping will occur in the manual mode.
- - A faithful reincarnation of the legendary 1970s Bad Stone with carefully selected updates for the modern player
- - The Bad Stone was the first phase shifter to employ variable feedback and features an awesome six stages of phase shifting
- - Manual Shift mode that lets you freeze the phase
- - Compact, rugged die-cast package
- - True bypass switching for maximum signal path integrity
- - Effect status LED