The ART Zdirect Passive DI Box is a high quality totally passive interface that lets you connect instrument, line, or speaker level signals to a mixer or other balanced input thru a high performance audio isolation transformer.
The high impedance single-ended 1/4 input is on the ART Z Direct converted by the transformer into an isolated balanced low impedance signal source. The ART Zdirect's audio transformer has an extremely flat and wide frequency response and can handle high signal levels while still maintaining an isolated balanced low impedance output. This gives the ART Zdirect a very clean and neutral sound with a wide variety of signal sources and over long signal runs in high noise environments.
What further sets the ART Z-Direct apart from other “DI” boxes are its extended features and versatility. A switchable low pass Filter cuts out all very high frequency interference. The filter is also very effective in reducing any digital computer noise artifacts when using the ART Zdirect as an interface between a computer based audio workstation and your monitors. The Phase Invert switch, while not normally included with your run of the mill D.I. box, has been added to allow you to switch signal polarity right at the source. This feature is especially handy when you are combining a direct tap with a microphone feed in the mix.
ART Zdirect specifications include:
- Frequency Response: 10Hz –50kHz, +/-.5dB @ +4dBu
- THD: .01% Typical @ 1kHz, +18dBu, <.05% @ 100Hz, +18dBu
- Input Connections: 1/4 TRS unbalanced, 50k Ohm
- Output Connection: XLR male, 600 Ohm
- Filter Type/Response: Switchable, Low Pass, -3dB @ 30kHz
- Input Attenuation: Switchable, (0dB, -20dB, -40dB)
- Output Phase: Switchable, Normal/Invert
- Ground Lift: Switchable, fully isolates inputs from chassis and output.
- Dimensions: 1.75 H x 4.2 W x 3.5 D (44.5mm x 107mm x 89mm)
- Weight: .75 lbs. (.34kg)