The ART USB Dual Pre is a full-featured high quality dual portable preamplifier and computer interface packed into a compact rugged case. It is designed to work over a wide variety of applications from remote field recording to desktop/studio tracking. Each of the two low noise input channels has up to 48 dB of clean gain with signal present and clip LED indicators. Inputs can be either XLR balanced or 1/4-inch TRS. Each of the 1/4-inch TRS outputs is buffered low impedance balanced.
The ART USB Dual Pre can be powered from the USB bus, a 9V battery, or using an optional 12 Volt DC adapter. When running off the battery alone, you should get in excess of 50 hours of operation when phantom power is off and around 20 hours (depending on microphone) when phantom power is on.
The ART USB Dual Pre main features include:
- USB Connectivity to Desktop and Laptop Computers
- Low Noise Fully Balanced XLR and 1/4-inch TRS Combi Inputs
- Up to 48 dB of Clean Gain
- Built-in Low Noise Phantom Power Supply
- Latency Free Monitoring Mix and Level Controls
- Independent Channel Gain Controls
- 1/4-inch TRS Balanced Monitor and 1/8-inch Headphone Monitor Outputs
- Compact, Stackable all Aluminum Chassis
- Flexible 3-way Power from USB or optional 9 Volt Battery or external power supply