The Focusrite Scarlett 2i4 is a compact, two-input, four-output USB bus-powered audio interface and part of the popular Scarlett series - the perfect range of interfaces for users on the go.
The Scarlett 2i4 sits neatly between the 2i2 and 8i6, and features two award-winning Focusrite preamps with 48V phantom power and pad, two Hi-Z instrument inputs combined with the pres, multiple outputs and MIDI I/O - all wrapped in a high-quality, red-anodised metal chassis.
Built on the same technology as the other Scarlett interfaces, the ultra-reliable 2i4 is fully 24-bit and supports sample-rates up to 96 kHz. With pristine conversion, low-latency operation and the ideal two-in/four-out configuration, the 2i4 is perfect for musicians or DJ's needing an additional output for cueing.
Situated on the front-panel are two mic/instrument combo inputs and a host of tactile controls. The gain pots are surrounded by siginal 'halo' indicators unique to the Scarlett range, allowing users to easily monitor inputs levels. The handy on-board headphone amplifier allows users to monitor either the main or cue mix at the flick of a button. Users also have the ability to blend their DAW mix with their physical inputs, for true low-latency performance. The 2i4 has it all - making it the best value, best sounding interface in its class.
Check out the following Scarlett 2i4 video overview courtesy of Focusrite.
The Scarlett 2i4 ships with Focusrite's Scarlett Plug-in Suite, inspired by the famous Red range and classic ISA console modules. Xcite+ bundle, which features Ableton Live Lite, Novation’s Bass Station soft synth and over 1GB of royalty-free samples from Loopmasters.
The Focusrite Scarlett 2i4 main features include:
- Two high-quality award-winning Focusrite preamps
- Anodised Aluminium Unibody Chassis
- Ring LED signal indicators (green means healthy signal, red indicates clipping)
- High-quality 24-bit/96 kHz USB interface
- Better than 105dB dynamic range on record and playback
- Mixer knob for latency-free direct monitoring, mixes between input signal and DAW playback signal
- USB bus-powered
- Two Neutrik combination inputs
- Rear panel balanced TRS outputs (1 & 2) and phono (1-4)
- MIDI in and out
- Headphone amplifier with separate level control
- Headphone monitor switch to hear either set of outputs
- Switchable phantom power
- Switchable 10dB pad on all inputs
- Large monitor level control
- Includes Xcite+ Pack, Ableton Live Lite and Scarlett VST/AU/RTAS Plug-in Suite